- On Darwin
- On Evolution
- Discussion Topics
Ideas for your local Darwin Day Event
- Darwin Discourse
- Invite guest speakers to discuss the importance of Darwin, evolution, and a scientific understanding of the world! These speakers can be members of the local freethought community, scientists, or members of a speakers bureau.
- Darwin Dance-off
- This is a two part competition: Dress as a member of the animal kingdom, and show off those dance moves. Awards can be given for best costume, worst costume, best dance moves, etc.
- Birthday Celebration
- Celebrate the birthday of a man who changed humanity forever with his groundbreaking work. Everyone likes birthday cake, punch, and other party goodies, and celebrations like this go a long way in fostering a sense of community.
- Acts of Kindness
- Just as Charles Darwin gave an enormous gift to humanity through his scientific work, modern secularists can emulate his example by helping those in need in their own community. Organizing a group charity day is a great way to help your fellow man and promote the idea that humanity can be “good without god”.
- Discovery Day
- What better way to honor Charles Darwin than to study natural history? Organize an outing to a Museum of Natural History or utilize some of the video resources above to promote scientific knowledge.